Starting June 9th, acupuncture services will return on limited days to adjust to the changes in our office practices. Once Montgomery County is “green” massage will resume. Appointments with Lori, our registered dietician, are still being conducted online and most insurances are covering telemedicine at this time.
Due to the current COVID pandemic, we have implemented new protocols in the office to minimize patient risk. We have patients of all levels of health and immunity, and are choosing to use the utmost precaution to keep you safe and healthy when you visit.
What to know when coming to the office for a treatment:
• Please take your temperature at home before coming to your appointment. If you have a temperature over 100.4 F, please contact the office to reschedule your appointment. If you do not have a thermometer at home, we can take your temperature at the office.
• If you have any unusual respiratory symptoms (including shortness of breath) or persistent cough, unusual GI symptoms, body aches, chills, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell, please contact the office to reschedule your appointment.
• If you have been exposed to anyone who has a confirmed case of COVID, please contact the office to reschedule your appointment for at least 14 days out.
• Please wear a mask to your appointment – we will be wearing them too! If you forget, we extras, just let us know before you arrive.
• We will not be using the waiting room, instead, we will be implementing a “parking lot waiting room” where people will wait in their car until the practitioner is ready for the appointment. You will be called on your cell (please make sure we have the most up to date contact info for you!) and after passing through the hand sanitizer station, taken straight back to your room.
• If you need the bathroom, of course you can use it!
• We have hand sanitizer in both the waiting room and the at the office desk.
• We are using new disposable paper sheets for each patient, and each treatment room is being thoroughly disinfected after being used. All treatment rooms, and the common areas, now have HEPA air filters with UVC light to clean the air and kill bacteria, viruses, and germs.
• Appointment times are being spread out to reduce the amount of people in the office as well as to provide ample time between each appointment to thoroughly disinfect the rooms.
We look forward to seeing you and supporting your health, and we want you to feel comfortable in the office. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us!